The 2014 Queerness and Games Conference was packed with so many amazing presentations, we had to share them with the world! In January and February, lead conference organizer Bonnie Ruberg had the change to work with the online games journal First Person Scholar. Together, they published a series of issues featuring articles that emerged from 2014 QGCon talks. The results is an insightful and inspiring collection of ideas about queerness, community, otherness, and difference.
Here is the full list of articles. If you haven’t had a chance yet, we definitely recommend checking them out!
– Bonnie Ruberg, “Video Games, Queerness, and Beyond”
– Naomi Clark and Merritt Kopas, “Queering Human-Game Relations”
– Chris Goetz, “Building Queer Community”
– Jetta Ray, “Consent, Pinball, and the End of ‘Sex as Conquest’”
– Mohini Dutta, “Designing for the Other”
– Margaret Rhee, “On Beauty: Gamers, Gender, and Turing”
– Edmond Chang, “Cards Against Humanity: Playing Up and Playing with Difference in Games”