The fourth annual
Queerness and Games Conference (QGCon)
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Saturday and Sunday, 4/1 & 4/2, 2017
qgcon.com // @qgcon
CALL FOR GAMES // CALL FOR ARCADE
Deadline: December 22, 2016
The Queerness and Games Conference (QGCon) is now accepting submissions for the QGCon Arcade at its fourth annual conference, April 1st-2nd, 2017. Game submissions are due December 22, 2016. QGCon is an annual event that brings together developers, academics, educators, and activists to explore the intersection of LGBTQ issues and video games.
Each year, QGCon features an arcade of exciting new games that are made by queer creators or feature content related to LGBTQ topics. The QGCon Arcade welcomes all games, regardless of platform or digital/analogue components. Because QGCon is a community-oriented event that seeks to foster dialogue across disciplines and industries, we especially value games that are engaging for a diverse audience.
Though the focus of the conference is LGBTQ issues, QGCon takes an intersectional approach to queerness. Games that address race, ethnicity, gender, disability, mental health, neurodiversity, socioeconomics, and sexual expression all represent important additions to our arcade. If your work relates games to diversity, identity, or inclusion, please consider submitting.
After three years in the Bay Area, QGCon is moving to Los Angeles for spring 2017, where we will be hosted by the Interactive Media & Games Division at the University of Southern California. Travel grants for accepted games may be made available depending on funding.
Not sure whether your game is right for QGCon? Learn more about QGCon and the games that have been featured in previous years, please visit:
Instructions for Submitting (due date December 22, 2016)
Please send the following information by email to email@example.com no later than December 22, 2016:
- Your name and contact information, and a brief bio (approximately 100 words) for you and your co-creators.
- An artist’s statement (approximately 300 words) that summarizes your game and how your game showcase the values QGCon encourages in the world.
- A build, download link, or video of your game for committee evaluation.
- Info regarding any special materials or space accommodations you would need for your games in the arcade such as computers or mobile devices.
By submitting, you confirm that you are the creator of this game and have the authority to enter it into this arcade OR you have gathered consent from all creators of this game, all of whom are fairly represented in the bio, to enter it into this arcade.
Notifications regarding acceptance will be sent by January 14th, 2017. Please feel free to contact the QGCon organizers with any questions. Inquiry emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in the Queerness and Games Conference!
– The 2017 QGCon organizers: Bonnie Ruberg, Chelsea Howe, Teddy Diana Pozo, Jasmine Aguilar, Terran Pierola, Chuck Roslof, Christopher Goetz, Dietrich “Squinky” Squinkifer